SnapType helps students keep up with their peers in class even when their penmanship holds them back. Students can easily complete school worksheets with the help of an iPad or iPhone.
With SnapType, students can take a picture of their worksheets, or import worksheets from anywhere on their device. They can then use their iOS device keyboard to add text to these documents and print, email, or share their creations. It is the perfect solution for kids, and even adults, who struggle with their handwriting.
The Pro Version of SnapType, which has all of the features of the original SnapType plus the Pro feature set: Store unlimited worksheets within the app, Whiteboard Filter – Turn colored worksheets into black and white to save ink when printing, Colored Backgrounds – Some users with impaired vision may find it difficult to read traditional worksheets with black text on a white background. You can change the background to a variety of colors for better contrast and easier reading.
It is an easy to use app. Here is how to use it:
1) Use the on-screen shutter button to take a picture.
2) Tap where you want to add text.
3) Start typing using the iPad keyboard.
4) Tap and drag to move the text boxes.
5) Resize the image by pinching using two fingers.
6) Resize the text using the slider at the top of the screen.
7) Save your work by pressing the iPad home button and power button at the same time (this saves as screen capture to your iPad’s camera roll).
8) Start over by flipping the iPad face-down for 2 seconds.
Cost – There is a FREE version with limitations and also a PRO version for $5.99 (Canadian). No VPP pricing.
Link to iTunes App Store – https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/snaptype-for-occupational/id866842989?mt=8